Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gumpert Apollo - Good Looking Car With A Not So Flattering Name

Here we have the Apollo, by Gumpert. Not sure what they were thinking when the founders named their company Gumpert. Gumpert sounds to me like a name for a guy with a bad limp in both legs.

Gumpert went bankrupt in 2012. Apparently, the Apollo wasn't selling well enough to keep them going. That sure is a shame. But the bankruptcy hasn't stopped Gumpert from building the Tornante.

This Apollo model was manufactured from 2005 to 2012. It's been succeeded by the sleekier Gumpert Tornante, but the Apollo is still a cool car.

I really love how solid it looks. It kind of reminds me of a submarine, although I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to take this car to the water. I love those big, bad wheels. They are just screaming attitude.











No comments:

Post a Comment